Ultimate Birds Of Prey Photography Workshop - VIC
Join renowned wildlife photographer Jay Collier from Photographers Collective for an action packed birds in flight photography workshop
About this Event
Do you love wildlife photography but have had no luck in perfecting your skills for birds in flight? Have you ever wanted to photograph all of the top Australian birds of prey in one day but have spend countless time in the field with no luck finding each species?
This workshop has been specifically tailored for the needs of photographers and serves as the ultimate way to gain practical experience while tapping into Jay's 22+ years of professional wildlife photography experience.
During this 3 hour private workshop you will be provided with:
- Photograph a wide variety of Australia's top birds of prey including various owl species, hawks, goshawks, peregrine falcon (worlds fastest bird in flight), Kite's and of course the mighty wedge tail eagle.
- 2.5 hours of non-stop photography of each species as they are flown directly into your lenses on a private farm property in Miners Rest near Ballarat. You also have the opportunity to photograph each species perched in natural bush surroundings.
- Jay will start the day with a theory based session on how to best set up your camera's and the best settings and methods to use for successful birds in flight photography.
- As this is an exclusive and private session, no other guests will be onsite for the duration of the workshop
- Morning tea is provided upon arrival (coffee, tea and biscuits)
Suggested equipment & important information:
- 1 or more digital SLR cameras
- A telephoto zoom lens such as 100-400mm, 70-300mm, 150-600mm
- Shorter zoom lenses such as 18-200mm, 24-240mm or 70-200mm are also ok but focal lengths above 300mm are better suited. Crop sensor cameras with these lenses are perfect as you will gain additional reach on your zoom
- As we will be quite close to each of the birds you may wish to bring a wide angle lens and flash if you wish.
- PLENTY of extra memory cards. It is not uncommon for guests to leave with multiple full cards!
- Spare batteries and ensure they are fully charged
- Close toe shoes as we will be standing in an open paddock which can be muddy after any rain
- Appropriate clothing as we will be outdoors. I suggest long sleeve shirts, long pants and a hat as you will be getting low to the ground. You may wish to also bring a small drop sheet or towel to lay on the ground for some shots.
- Monopods can help if your lens is quite heavy but avoid tripods which become a hinderance when shooting
- Water Bottle
- Please arrive at least 15 mins ahead of the scheduled starting time. It will not be possible to catch up on important information or to repeat any section of the workshop for those who arrive late without affecting the experience of others
- Please do not access the property before being escorted onto the property by staff as the birds can be easily startled. Parking is available on the nature strip either side of the road as onsite parking spaces are limited on the property
- Be sure to join our online Facebook community and share your images at https://www.facebook.com/Photographers-Collective-118494376659220
All workshops are strictly run in accordance to current COVID-19 restrictions and up to date Gov advice. Group sizes will be limited to the maximum number allowed for outdoor gatherings at the time.
All guests must at all times:
- Remain 1.5m apart at all times
- You must wear a face mask if the current restrictions still require this at the time of the workshop. Masks will not provided and any guests arriving without a suitable face mask will not be allowed to join the workshop and will forfeit their booking
- Adhere to any advice or requests by the event staff
- Wash your hands and or use hand sanitiser at the commencement of the workshop. Bathrooms are available on site or please BYO wipes or sanitiser
Please do not attend if:
- If you have any symptoms or have come in contact with anybody who has tested positive for COVID-19 in the past 14 days, please do not attend the workshop and notify Jay Collier via email at email@example.com ASAP if you are unable to attend.
- If you have been tested for COVID-19 and awaiting results please do not attend and notify Jay Collier via email at firstname.lastname@example.org ASAP
- people aged 70 years and over
- people aged 65 years and over with chronic medical conditions
- people with a compromised immune system
- Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples 50 years and older with one or more chronic medical conditions
- By booking an event, you agree to cooperate with all requirements and confirm you do not fall within one of the above listed categories. If your situation changes between booking your event and the day of the event, please do not attend and notify Jay Collier via email at email@example.com
Bookings affected by changes to Gov advice for COVID-19 restrictions:
- If for any reason the workshop cannot proceed due to Gov restrictions due to COVID-19 such as; numbers of guests for outdoor gatherings or bans between Melbourne Metro and regional VIC travel, an alternative date will be arranged and your bookings held for the new date. All guests will be notified by email if the event will be affected.
- If a suitable alternative date cannot be arranged a refund will be offered
Terms Of Booking:
- Please choose carefully. Except where otherwise indicated, we do not offer refunds unless an event has to be cancelled, rescheduled to a date you cannot attend, or where required under Australian Consumer Law.
- Refunds are not available for change of mind or circumstances or late arriving / non-arriving guests
- You must be 18 years of age or older. If you are under 18 you must be accompanied by an adult. During covid-19 group sizes will be limited which may mean a parent or guardian cannot be present and must wait outside the property at all times in order to maintain the maximum allowed group size for outdoor gatherings
- You will receive an automated confirmation by Eventbrite of your order via email. It is Your responsibility to ensure you provide the correct email address and to check your junk-mail folder if necessary.
- Guests must inform Jay Collier by email if they have any health concerns or physical limitations which may put cause a risk to you or others in attendance at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Jay Collier reserves the right to decline or remove any participant from an Event for any reason, including if their conduct or condition is deemed to pose a risk or nuisance to others or to the participant.
- You may be filmed or photographed during the workshop which may be used for promotional material by Photographers Collective only. By booking this workshop you agree to these terms and that if you do not wish to be filmed or photographed that you must inform Jay Collier by email before the event at email@example.com