Birds Of Prey Photography Experience
Have you ever wanted to photograph Australia's top birds of prey in flight in one place in one day?
About this Event
Experience the thrill of photographing hand reared eagles, falcons, owls, kites, hawks and other Australian birds of prey as they fly repeatedly directly into your lens as well as perched in natural bush surroundings. Nowhere else in Australia will you be able to get this level of experience and access to practice photographing birds of prey in flight.
To make the experience even better, each guest will have exclusive access to a range of Canon EOS cameras and lenses to help capture amazing images of the birds.
With Jays extensive knowledge of wildlife photography, you will be taken through the many ways of mastering the art of birds in flight photography.
- Camera settings and set up for birds in flight
- AF setting and set up
- Using back button focus
- Panning and tracking technique
- Exposure modes and overcoming difficult lighting
- Exposure compensation
What to bring
- Please ensure you bring your Canon EOS camera as well as long and wide angle zoom lens (all guests will have access to loan cameras and lenses also)
- Plenty of memory cards. Please bring more than you think you will need as you will be taking a high quantity of photos and cards will fill quickly
- Spare batteries
- Close toed shoes as you will be standing in open farm paddocks
- Miners Rest can be quite cold so we advise layering your clothing for the weather
Please park along the nature strip outside the property as parking onsite is limited. If arriving early please do not walk into the property until the event staff greet you and bring you onto the property.
• All skill levels are welcome however the techniques are of a more intermediate to advanced level. Birds in flight can be quite a challenge but all of the advise and support provided on the day will ensure you have a great experience.
• All guests will have shared access to a range of Canon EOS cameras and lenses during the workshop. All guests will have 1x telephoto zoom lens each at all times
• Please ensure you wear closed toed shoes as we will be standing in open farm paddocks and it may be muddy or slippery in sections
• If you arrive early please do not walk onto the property and wait to be escorted onto the property by staff.
COVID-safe event conditions:
Please note that by booking this workshop you agree to the necessary precautions to ensure the safety of all participants and of our team. This includes:
• Adhering to a maximum number of persons (inclusive of your Collective Ambassador) as per government advice
• Maintaining 1.5m social distancing at all times and 4m2 social distancing indoors – applicable between Ambassadors and all guests
• Learning outcomes will be provided by verbal explanation. Canon Collective Ambassadors will be unable to handle your cameras or review results on the LCD screen.
• Access to hand sanitiser during the event
• Wiping down / sanitisation of all shared gear
Who should not attend?
• Anyone feeling unwell or awaiting COVID-19 test results
• Anyone who has travelled overseas within the last 14 days
• Anyone who has been in contact with any known positive COVID-19 person within the last 14 days
• Anyone at “greater risk of serious infection” as described by the Australian Government as follows:
- people aged 70 years and over
- people aged 65 years and over with chronic medical conditions
- people with a compromised immune system
- Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples 50 years and older with one or more chronic medical conditions
By booking an event, you agree to cooperate with all requirements and confirm you do not fall within one of the above listed categories. If your situation changes between booking your event and the day of the event, please do not attend and reschedule your place by contacting us.
All Images by Canon Collective Ambassador Jay Collier during previous birds of prey workshops at Full Flight Birds Of Prey Center.
Main: Image Wedge Tail Eagle in flight by Canon Collective Ambassador Jay Collier
Please consider the following requirements prior to booking this workshop, in consideration of the host and other participants:
• Please arrive 15 mins before for start time. The workshop will begin at the designated time and late arrivals may not be admitted.
• If you are more than 15 minutes early, please make yourself comfortable and wait for the host to greet guests together at the same time.
• Please choose carefully. Except where otherwise indicated, we do not offer refunds unless an event has to be cancelled, rescheduled to a date you cannot attend, or where required under Australian Consumer Law. View the Terms of Registration.
• Please take careful note of event details at time of booking. If you have any further question’s, contact us at email@example.com, however please note that due to the nature of our work we may be unable to respond to all request in a timely manner.
Share your images
We'd love to see what you capture! Please share your images from this event by tagging @canoncollectiveofficial or #canoncollective for your chance to be featured on the Canon Collective official Instagram account.