RoadNats set to roll into Ballarat this January
The most prestigious event on the Australian road cycling calendar returns to Ballarat next month.
Between 8 and 12 January, the 2020 Federation University Road National Championships will see the country’s best under 19, under 23, elite and para cyclists battle it out for the coveted green and gold champions jerseys in the time trial, criterium and road race.
The action-packed five-day program will begin on Wednesday 8 January with the time trials and team time trials.
Ballarat's Sturt Street circuit will once again be the home of the exciting and crowd-friendly criterium races on Friday 10 January, with the Zwift eNational Championships closing out the day.
The iconic Mt Buninyong circuit will then host a thrilling weekend of road racing, with Australia’s best para-cyclists and future champions in the under 19 and under 23 men’s categories and Gran Fondo events on Saturday 11 January.
The championships will culminate with the elite road races in the traditional Sunday timeslot.
This year's RoadNats also includes the introduction of a category for cyclists with intellectual impairment in the time trial and road race.
“The great partnership we have with Ballarat means the Federation University RoadNats gets better every year and we are always looking at new and exciting ways to get everyone involved, whether you are a rider or part of the crowd,” Cycling Australia CEO Steve Drake said.
2020 Federation University Road National Championships schedule
- Wednesday 8 January: Federation University Time Trials – Para categories; cyclists with intellectual impairment; U19 Men; U19 Women; U23 Men; Elite Men; U23 & Elite Women
- Thursday 9 January: Federation University Time Trials – Para UCI C1 Time Trial; Club Teams Time Trial; Schools Teams Time Trial
- Friday 10 January: Ballarat Criteriums – U19 Men; U19 Women; U23 Men; National Street Climb Challenge; Elite Men; U23 Women & Elite Women
- Saturday 11 January: Buninyong Road Races – U19 Men; U19 Women; U23 Men; Para all categories & cyclists with intellectual impairment, Gran Fondo National Championships
- Sunday 12 January: Buninyong Road Races – U23 & Elite Women; Elite Men