So, you’ve scored yourself tickets to the magical winter wonderland that is Sovereign Hill’s Winter Wonderlights. Lucky you!
Well, while you’re in town, why not stay a little longer and experience the warmth and magic that is winter in Ballarat.
From drinking locally-made hot cocoa by warming fireplaces, to pulling on skates at the pop-up ice skating rink, Ballarat will come alive this winter with activities that will fire up the enthusiasm of families, foodies, wine lovers and culture vultures.
Here’s our top 10 picks of things to do while you’re here for Winter Wonderlights
– Get your skates on at the pop-up ice skating rink
– Check out Knights of Fire at Kryal Castle
– Meet a rare golden wombat at the Ballarat Wildlife Park
– Sit down for a hearty meal at a historic pub
– Sign up for a foodie experience. Did someone say truffles? Maybe a more traditional mushroom masterclass is more your thing?
– Wander the Design Exchange Market or local farmers’ market
– Warm up at the Art Gallery of Ballarat
– Chase waterfalls. Our favourite is Lal Lal Falls
– Toast your toes by fire (with wine in hand) at Mitchell Harris, RJM’s Wine Bar or Michael Unwin Wines
– Warm up with whisky at Renard, 18th Amendment Bar, or Comfort of Strangers
For more ideas read A winter playground is popping up in Ballarat