Two years might have passed since Ballarat’s Tim Bone first graced our screens on MasterChef but his love of getting busy in the kitchen continues to grow.
Today, the Tim’s Toasties owner is sharing with us his hearty winter recipe for Spanish chorizo and vegetable soup.
“Utilising beautiful fresh produce from Ballarat’s Wilsons Fruit and Vegetables, this soup is super fast to make and packed full of smokey Spanish flavour,” Tim said.
“It has a nice kick to it which is sure to put a fire in your belly.”
1 tsp olive oil
3 gloves of garlic, finely chopped
1 brown onion, diced
2 chorizos (or 400g), chopped
2 tbs tomato paste
1L chicken stock
1 x 400g tin of diced tomatoes
3 large or 6 small desiree potatoes, peeled and roughly chopped
1 red capsicum, diced
2 tomatoes, roughly chopped
1 tsp smoked paprika
1/4 tsp chilli flakes
1 tsp salt
1/2 tsp pepper
3 cups of chopped kale
1/4 cup of chopped parsley
1. In a large pot over medium heat, add olive oil, onion and chorizo. Fry for five minutes until the onion is soft and chorizo is caramelised.
2. Add garlic, potatoes, capsicum and fresh tomatoes, smoked paprika and chilli flakes. Cook, stirring for two minutes.
3. Add the tomato paste and cook, stirring for one minute.
4. Add the chicken stock and tinned tomatoes. Stir and bring to the boil. Simmer for 10 minutes.
5. Add kale and simmer for another 10 minutes or until the potatoes are soft.
6. Add the salt and pepper and chopped parsley.
7. Serve with crusty bread and extra chopped parsley to garnish.