How to book tickets for Ballarat tourist attractions this winter
The easing of government restrictions has meant Ballarat's key tourist attractions have been able to reopen in time for the winter school holidays.
To ensure safety protocols and guidelines are observed, tickets must be pre-booked online for Sovereign Hill, Kryal Castle and the Art Gallery of Ballarat.
Bradshaw Street, Ballarat
- Tickets must be pre-purchased online at bookings.sovereignhill.com.au
- Tickets are initially limited to 1000 visitors per day.
- Until 23 August, tickets are discounted to adult $30 (normally $61), child $20 (normally $26.90), and family with up to four children $100 (normally $152).
- The outdoor museum is open 10am-5pm Friday, Saturday and Sunday each week for the immediate future.
121 Forbes Road, Leigh Creek
- Tickets to Kryal Castle must be pre-purchased online at www.trybooking.com
- Tickets are adult $35 and child $22.
- Between 18 July and 13 September, the tourist attraction is open weekends 10am-4pm.
Art Gallery of Ballarat
40 Lydiard Street North, Ballarat
- Tickets to the Art Gallery of Ballarat must be pre-booked at artgalleryofballarat.com.au/book-tickets
- Tickets are free and are initially limited to 50 visitors per one-hour session.
- Only the gallery's ground floor is open to the public.
- The gallery is open 10am-5pm daily.
Ballarat Wildlife Park
250 Fussell Street, Ballarat
- Tickets to the Ballarat Wildlife Park can be purchased on the day at the ticket office.
- Tickets are adult $35, concession $29, child (5-15 years) $19.50, and family $95 (two adults with up to four children).
- Mention the code word "Be Kind" at the ticket office for a 10% discount (excludes concession tickets).
- The park is open 9am-5pm daily.
As the government's COVID-19 restrictions continue to change, we encourage you to be kind, stay safe, maintain social distancing and use common sense. And if you're unwell, please stay home.