Ballarat goes crazy for National Raspberry Drop Day
Ballarat businesses have joined forces with Sovereign Hill this February to celebrate the city's famous hard‐boiled lolly, the raspberry drop.
Raspberry drop lemon meringue cakes, raspberry drop dessert pizzas and raspberry drop hot cross cream buns are among the sweet treats that have been especially created for the festivities.
The first-ever National Raspberry Drop day will be celebrated on Saturday 22 February, with a number of themed events at Sovereign Hill and across Ballarat.
The sweet treats (available until 22 February)
- Raspberry drop wagon wheels, raspberry drop hot cross cream buns, raspberry drop hot chocolates, and raspberry drop sundaes (Sovereign Hill, Bradshaw Street, Ballarat)
- Raspberry drop lemon meringue cake (Kittelty’s, 40 Lydiard Street North, Ballarat)
- Raspberry drop dessert pizza (The Forge Pizzeria, 14 Armstrong Street North, Ballarat)
- Raspberry drop cupcakes (The Little Cupcake, 223 Eureka Street, Ballarat)
- Raspberry drop donuts and raspberry drop cookies (Emma’s Homemade Cakes, 118 Learmonth Street, Alfredton)
- Raspberry drop macarons (OliveJo Designs)
- Raspberry‐licious cocktail and mocktail (The Red Lion Hotel, 217-229 Main Road, Ballarat)
- Maze House Raspberry Drop Scavenger Hunt (3155 Midland Highway, Newlyn North)
- Commerce Ballarat Count the Raspberry Drops
- National Raspberry Drop Day at Sovereign Hill (Saturday 22 February between 10am and 5pm). Be one of the first 100 people to visit the Brown’s Confectionery Factory at Sovereign Hill and you'll receive a free bag of raspberry drops.
- National Raspberry Drop Day at the Bridge Mall (Saturday 22 February between 11am and 2pm). Partnering with the Bridge Mall, Sovereign Hill will host an on-site activation which will include a giant blow‐up raspberry drop jar and costume characters handing out free samples of the much-loved lolly.
To go into the draw to win a year's supply of raspberry drops, take a photo of one of the above raspberry drop creations or events and post it on social media with the hashtags #nationalraspberrydropday #sovereignhill and the relevant business' hashtag (eg. #theforgepizzeria).
Find out more at https://bit.ly/2UtTghA