Your privacy is important to us
Your personal information is being collected by the City of Ballarat for research purposes as well as processing your entry into this competition.
Your information will be stored in the City of Ballarat’s customer database and used to draw the winner for the competition, and for marketing and research purposes.
Terms and Conditions
Your personal information is being collected by the City of Ballarat for research purposes as well as processing your entry into this competition. Your information will be stored in the City of Ballarat’s customer database and used to draw the winner for the competition, and for marketing and research purposes.
• Completion of the Entry Procedure and participation in this Competition is deemed acceptance of these Terms and Conditions.
• This Competition is being promoted by the City of Ballarat.
• Any questions or comments regarding the Competition should be directed to firstname.lastname@example.org
Commences at: 11:59pm (AEST) on Saturday 25 June, 2022
Ends at: 11:59pm (AEST) on Sunday 17 July, 2022
• Selection of Winner(s): At the end of the competition period, the prize winner(s) will be drawn at random by the Promoter. Winner(s) will be contacted in writing with further details.
• Prize: 1 x voucher to Ballarat’s Sanctuary Day Spa to the value of $250.00
Participation in this Competition is only open to those persons aged 18 years or over.
• Employees (and their immediate families) of the City of Ballarat are not eligible to enter.
• City of Ballarat reserves the right, at any time, to verify the eligibility of an Entrant and to disqualify any Entrant that does not meet the Eligibility Criteria.
1. This Competition is a game of chance and will be randomly drawn by the promoter using a random selection generator.
2. To enter, eligible persons must complete the Entry Procedure (survey) during the Competition Period.
3. Entries not completed in accordance with these Terms and Conditions will be rejected and any late, incomplete, indecipherable or illegible Entries will be deemed invalid. Entries will be deemed accepted at the time of receipt by City of Ballarat and not at the time of transmission.
4. Entrants are limited to the one per Entrant. Where an Entrant attempts to submit more than one Entry, all additional or subsequent Entry(s) will be ineligible for a Prize.
5. Entrants agree to their Entry being used by City of Ballarat in the future and grant them a non-exclusive, royalty-free, perpetual, worldwide, irrevocable and sub-licensable transferable licence to use, reproduce, modify, adapt, publish and display the Entry for any purpose in any media without compensation, restriction on use, attribution or liability. Entrants warrant that they have full authority to grant these rights and will not assert any moral rights in respect of the Entry.
6. Entrants warrant and agree that:
– They will not submit, produce, upload or share any content that is fraudulent, or may be in breach of any intellectual property, privacy or other rights;
– No rights in the Entry have been previously granted to any person, corporation or entity;
– They will obtain full prior consent from any person who has jointly created or has any rights in the Entry or who appears (or who’s property appears) in the content forming part of the Entry.
7. Without limiting the above, the Entrant indemnifies City of Ballarat against all loss, damages and costs incurred by City of Ballarat as a result of any breach of the above warranties.
8. Entrants understand, acknowledge and agree that:
– Their Entry (or parts thereof) may be posted on the Competition Website and City of Ballarat websites and is available for public viewing
– By participating in this Competition, information, links or names may be displayed on the social media pages of City of Ballarat
– Their personal details will be added to the City of Ballarat email database for the purpose of contact for future promotions and Council information
9. Entrants understand that their personal details will be added to the Visit Ballarat email database for the purpose of contact for future events and promotions
• The winner(s) will be randomly drawn on Monday 18 July, 2022 at the offices of the City of Ballarat, 25 Armstrong St South, Ballarat
• The Winner will be notified in writing on or before Friday 22 July, 2022
• If City of Ballarat is unable to contact a Winner after making all reasonable efforts, or the Winner does not claim their Prize by Friday 29 July 2022, then that Winner will forfeit their Prize and no prize will be awarded in lieu.
• It is an Entrant’s responsibility to notify City of Ballarat if their personal details change during the Competition Period. If a Winner fails to provide a valid or complete address for delivery of the Prize, or delivery has not been successful to an address provided (after reasonable attempts by City of Ballarat) the Prize shall be forfeited by the Winner.
• Prizes are not transferrable or exchangeable and cannot be taken as cash. A prize may only be substituted if the substituted prize is of the same or greater value than the original prize and the winner either agrees in writing, or the original prize is unavailable due to circumstances beyond the control of the City of Ballarat and reasonable attempts are made to reach agreement with the winner that are unsuccessful.
Limitation of Liability
• To the extent permitted by law, City of Ballarat (and their respective officers, contractors, employees, agents and representatives) will not be liable for any personal injury, loss (including loss of opportunity), damage (including, but not limited to, direct, indirect or consequential loss), cost, expense or claim arising from or in relation to the Competition: Variation to Competition.
City of Ballarat may in its absolute discretion, but subject to State and Territory laws, modify, suspend, cancel, recommence or extend this Competition as appropriate if:
• for any reason, this Competition is not capable of running as planned due to technical, hardware or software failures or interferences, or changes to third party sites or platforms, which affect the administration, operation, security, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of the Competition;
• the level of interest or participation in the Competition is insufficient or there has been some delay in commencing the Competition; or
• the Entry Procedure, determination of Winners or delivery of Prizes is prevented hindered or affected by any external agent or event beyond the reasonable control of City of Ballarat.